We believe that every child has the potential to succeed. A strong partnership between school, student and family is an essential foundation for this success. Our aim is to provide a rigorous and broad education so as to help develop well-qualified, self-confident, responsible, healthy and happy citizens, who can make a valuable contribution to their world. In order to achieve this:
The School will:
- Provide the best possible education for every student, based on a broad and balanced curriculum and a varied extra-curricular programme.
- Treat everyone in the school community appropriately: fostering courtesy, responsibility, tolerance and self-confidence.
- Set appropriate homework with realistic deadlines and regular planner monitoring.
- Provide a safe, disciplined, caring, and stimulating environment.
- Set clear uniform expectations.
- Establish an effective system of rewards and sanctions.
- Inform Pupils and Parents about pupil progress, through mentoring, reporting and parents’ evenings.
- Monitor attendance, encouraging 100% attendance.
- Make parents and visitors feel welcome in the school.
- Make full use of the opportunities provided by working hard and participating in selected activities.
- Treat everyone in the school community appropriately; being polite, tolerant, responsible and self-confident.
- Put their best effort into homeworks, meeting deadlines and using the planner properly.
- Keep to the Code of Conduct.
- Keep to the uniform expectations.
- Behave well and accept the school’s rewards and sanctions.
- Listen to teachers and others to understand their own progress.
- Strive for 100% attendance.
- Help visitors feel welcome in our school.
- Encourage and support their child’s learning both at school and at home.
- Treat everyone in the school community appropriately; encouraging courtesy, tolerance, responsibility and self-confidence.
- Provide a good working environment at home for homework, signing the planner weekly.
- Support the school’s Code of Conduct.
- Support the maintenance of high standards of uniform.
- Expect their child to behave well and support the school’s rewards and sanctions.
- Respond to reports on progress, attend parents’ evenings and communicate any cause of concern to the school.
- Ensure that their child attends school whenever possible and notify the school promptly of any absence.
- Feel welcome in the school, helping us by making appointments if they wish to speak to a member of staff.