PSHE Education gives pupils the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to keep themselves healthy and safe and to prepare them for life in modern Britain.
At Thomas Keble we believe that students who are emotionally healthy will perform better in school. Our curriculum helps children and young people to achieve their potential by supporting their wellbeing and tackling issues that can affect their ability to learn, such as stress and anxiety and unhealthy relationships. PSHE Education also helps pupils to develop skills and aptitudes like teamwork, communication and resilience that are crucial in navigating the ever changing challenges of the world.
PSHE Education is delivered through discrete lessons within curriculum time, our tutorial programme and an extensive list of external agencies. This allows us to ensure we deliver a comprehensive, and age appropriate programme that will set our students up for the future.
Key Stage 4 curriculum
This is taught through the tutorial programme and external speakers.
- Personal Finance
- Emotional health and wellbeing
- The concept of Sexual consent
- How to recognise and manage stress
- Self-awareness and sexual health
- Keeping themselves safe
- The Police
- Chelsea’s Choice (Child Sexual Exploitation)
- School Nurse
- Teenage Cancer Trust
- Citizen’s Advice (personal finance)
- It’s in the bag- testicular cancer
- Organ Donation
- Teens in Crisis
- Cheltenham Town Football Club
- St James Place Wealth Management
- Satveer Nijjar (Self harm)
- Guide Dogs for the Blind
- Eddystone Trust (HIV)
More useful links can be found here: Student Support