Food is a challenging and rewarding subject, which allows students to examine all aspects of food – from farm to fork. All students will learn the principles of nutrition, special diets, hygiene, microbiology, food science, ethics and the environment. A variety of skills and methods will be delivered through an array of challenging practical cookery tasks.
The Units Studied are as follows:
2 Non-Exam Assessment Tasks (Coursework)
- Task 1 – Food Science Investigation – 15%
- Task 2 – Food Design & Preparation Project – 35%
1 Written Examination Paper
- 1 hour 45 minute written examination paper – 50% of the total marks
- GCSE (9-1) Food Preparation and Nutrition: https://www.eduqas.co.uk/qualifications/food-preparation-and-nutrition/
- British Nutrition Foundation: https://www.nutrition.org.uk/
BNF Healthy Eating Week 2019 – a dedicated week in the year to encourage organisations across the UK to focus on healthy eating and drinking, and physical activity, and celebrate healthy living!
For further information: please contact the department via the school office at email@example.com