All pupils are expected to be clean and tidy and present a smart appearance at all times. From September 2015 all new students will be expected to wear regulation trousers and skirts, as supplied by TRUTEX. Parents are required to provide correct uniform as part of their commitment to the school.
The school uniform is as follows:
- Royal V neck jumper with TK logo
- White polo shirt with TK logo
- Harrow grey / charcoal tailored sturdy fit or flat front trousers
- Royal V-neck jumper with TK logo
- White polo shirt with TK logo OR
- White short sleeve, long sleeve or ¾ sleeve rever collar blouse with TK logo
- Harrow grey two pocket skirt with TK logo OR Harrow grey bootleg trouser. Please note skirts need to be knee-length or longer
The Thomas Keble jumper is optional in Terms 1, 5 & 6. The T.K. polo shirt or blouse must be worn during the optional period.
- Plain black shoes. Trainers, boots and soft canvas ‘daps’ are not permitted. Logos are not permitted.
- Art & Technology apron
For Health & Safety reasons we must insist that:
- Footwear is low-heeled and low-soled and of a conventional shoe style and manufacture
- Jewellery should be limited to one ring, a pair of small studs or sleepers (one in each ear)
- Single simple necklace and a single, simple bracelet
- Piercings in any other part of the body are not permitted
- Hair should be of a natural colour and any hair accessories should be plain and subtle.
- Socks and tights should be plain black, grey or white and suitable for school.
- KS3 girls are not permitted to wear make-up. In KS4, make-up should be subtle and natural.
- Nail varnish is not permitted in any year group and students will be directed to remove it if worn.
The Physical Education uniform is:
- Royal blue polo shirt with gold panels
- Royal blue shorts – boys (girls optional)
- Royal blue skort (cycling shorts inside a skirt) – girls only
- Royal blue socks (outdoor winter activities)
- White socks (indoor and summer games activities)
- Appropriate footwear (not designer footwear which is neither practical nor acceptable / non-marking)
- Royal Blue / gold reversible Rugby shirt (boys and girls)
- Football boots (girls and boys)
Optional clothing for Physical Education:
- Blue Tracksuit bottoms
- Royal blue Hoody
- Royal blue rain jacket
All of the above can be obtained from the Trutex website or the National Schoolwear Centre, Merrywalks, Stroud
Link to Thomas Keble brochure click here: Trutex Uniform Brochure
Please note that no other trousers or skirts will be permitted.
All clothes and kit must be clearly marked with the owner’s name.
The Headteacher has the right to inform parents that ‘uniform’ is inappropriate and must be replaced.
Pupils’ social time will be restricted if they are not in correct uniform.
In an extreme case, parents will be expected to collect their child from school, so that the issue can be resolved before the child returns to school.
The Headteacher’s ruling on matters regarding uniform is final.