We are studying the OCR Schools History Project Full Course.
The units studied are as follows:
Study in Development ‘Medicine Through Time’
- Medicine in Prehistoric Times
- Medicine in the Ancient World
- Medicine in the Middle Ages
- The Medical Renaissance
- Growth of Modern Medicine
- Medicine in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries
Study in Depth ‘The American West 1840-1895′
- How did the Plains Indians live on the Great Plains?
- Why did people settle and stay in the West?
- What were the consequences of the spread of cattle ranching to the Plains?
- Why did white Americans and the Plains Indians find it so difficult to reach a peaceful settlement of their differences?
Historical Source Investigation ‘Developments in British Medicine, 1200-1945′
- The impact of industrialisation on living conditions and health and hygiene and the development of public health systems in the nineteenth century for our Year 10
- One exam of 2 hours worth 45% of the total mark based upon the Study in Development and the Study in Depth
- One exam of 1 ½ hours worth 30% based on the Historical Source Investigation
- The Controlled Assessment of about 2000 words worth 25% of the final mark, which will be completed during Year 11
The Controlled Assessment will be based upon a learning programme that has been completed on an aspect of one of the following:
- History Around Us
- Modern World Study