The units studied are as follows:
- Introduction to Geography – Understanding the different aspects of human, physical and environmental geography.
- Population and Migration – Understand why people move around the world. Thinking about the factors behind these moves.
- Impossible Places – Understanding how sequences of events and activities in the physical and human world lead to change in places.
- Adventure Landscapes- Understanding how sequences of events in the physical world lead to changes in places and landscapes.
- Development – Understand that development is a complex issue and how varied it is globally.
- Rivers and Flooding -Understand the physical processes that shape rivers and think about how humans can manage rivers.
- Fantastic Places – Understand and appreciate the fascinating world we live in.
- Globalisation and Fashion – Explore how the world is connected and how the fashion industry is global.
- China – Understand the social, economic, political and environmental dynamics of China.
- Ecosystems – Describe and explain the characteristics of a forest environment. Evaluating the impacts humans have on this ecosystem.
- Earthquakes and Volcanoes – Understand tectonic processes and the impacts these processes have on humans.
- Weather and Climate – Understand the complex ideas behind the world’s weather.
- Resourcing the Planet – Explore how important it is to try and ensure we have enough resources globally.
- Icy World – Examine the complex environment of Antarctica and consider the opportunities the continent presents for humans.
- India – To explore the physical and human Geography of India- an Asian Super Giant Awakens.
- Oceans – Understand the physical and human processes that cause changes to the ocean ecosystems.
- Conflict Geography – Begin to develop an appreciation of social, political, economic and environmental reasons behind global conflict.